After a busy year, a food filled festive season and perhaps a little break from your everyday – it’s time to size up the new year and set yourself up to win!
Rather than charge in with a 20 point resolution plan made over 3 glasses of bubbles and seven 3 hour gym sessions done in 5 days, take some time to mentally set yourself up to achieve and maintain a fit and healthy 2018.
Choose 1-3 things you would love to achieve in 2018. Perhaps a health and fitness goal, a workplace goal and a personal goal. Write them down and then ask some questions!
- Are your goals are really acceptable to you? Do you need to reset around the time, effort and cost to set a realistic and attainable outcome?
- Ask yourself how you will feel when you reach your goal.What exactly do you want? Identify some outcomes that do not involve a feeling eg – I will fit size 10 jeans or I will eat a healthy breakfast daily. The physical outcome shows the goal is easier to reach.
- Why do you want to reach this goal? What is the aspiration behind the goal, and will this goal really achieve that?
- The more specific your description, the bigger the chance you’ll get exactly that. State what you want, draw a picture, make a chart but work out where, with who, how and when you want to achieve your goals.
- Keep the timeline realistic and flexible, and have an accountability buddy who you can check in with. Keep a journal, instagram your journey, set a calendar reminder..
A Personal Trainer or a gym buddy can be just the person to walk beside you as you knock over these milestones. A Fitlife Consult is 60 minutes for you to chat through these processes, set some baseline measurements, establish some real goals. Then, jump into achieving them with all the motivating classes, training options and join a positive community of others all working towards awesomeness!!
Join North Shore Gym right now and receive your first 2 weeks free and a complimentary 60 minute FitLife consult to set yourself up for a goal smashing, extraordinary year ahead.